Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thoughts

Sitting here blankly

With nothing to do, at last,

I ponder over my life past

What have I done with my life I think?

Things that have made me proud not shrink

That would make my parents swell with pride

And not compel me to hide

Why do I cry night and day?

When it’s my fault all the way

I wonder in times of sorrow

What lies in the morrow?

Why do we live? To what end?

To be born, to study, to earn, to marry,

To reproduce, to eat, to die

Oh this vicious circle

It goes round and round

In its chains we are bound

It is hopes and dreams that keep us going

That banishes the fear of doing

Tomorrow is a new day

Showing a new way

Thanking and remembering the good lord for all

Lighting a path for success and fall

So follow the path and have a ball.

--Shruti Bhushan

(20.03.2005)